Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cruise Critic

Whenever I want information about cruising, I check the resources at
Cruise Critic.  We use Cruise Critic and its Expedia sibling TripAdvisor
extensively when we plan to travel. Both sites invite exploration because
there are so many useful corners in them.

I read in one CC board posting that only 10% of those who cruise connect on
the site, but those who do seem to benefit in many ways:
  • They learn about news and new products related to cruising
  • They join roll calls for their specific cruise to meet other passengers
    virtually and to discuss their common journey.
  • They often connect on the ship later, sometimes to arrange private
    excursions (We did this with great success on our 16 day trip to Panama)
  • They ask questions and quickly get answers

I was surprised to learn at the CC site that our cruise to Alaska will be one
of the last that Oceania is offering in the area.  We didn't want to miss that.
I was thrilled to find a better currency converter app than the one I have
and I was pleased to get new ideas for an excursion in Astoria OR.
Many thanks to Cruise Critic members.

No comments:

Post a Comment